Re: Claiming not worth it? (RE: [SERIALST] futile claiming) Rick Anderson 24 Jan 2009 21:58 UTC

Don't be so sure -- we got audited at my last institution after we
gave up routine claiming, and they never batted an eye.  The value of
the material you're claiming is (usually) so low, and the opportunity
cost of claiming is so high, that really your auditors ought to be
objecting to traditional claiming practices.

Rick Anderson