Tracking access to e-resources was: Claiming not worth it? (RE: [SERIALST] futile,claiming) Deberah England 27 Jan 2009 15:02 UTC

Hi Linda,

Several years ago I created a tracking method I call "eTracker" using
Innovative's Millennium.  eTracker was set up initially to track
troubleshooting of e-resources.   Since then I've adapted it for
periodic "access" checks and other issues with e-resources maintenance.
>From my perspective our resources are better utilized to ensure we
maintain access instead of checking in every single issue received.
This also appeases the auditors.

You can view a presentation on eTracker that was presented last year at
the Electronic Resources & Libraries Conference.  See:
http://smartech.gatech.edu/handle/1853/20868

Finally, I was one of a small group of people who worked on creating
records for OhioLINK's automated e-resources check-in system for titles
loaded in OhioLINK's Electronic Journal Center.  This system also uses
Millennium.  You can check it out at:  http://serials.ohiolink.edu/search
(Enter a title search then once the record loads, click on "latest
received" to load the check-in card.)  A caveat with this system is the
OhioLINK folks check in per tape loads and there are occasional errors
with missing data.

Deberah

-
Deberah England
Electronic Resources Librarian
Wright State University Libraries
3640 Col. Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
Phone: (937) 775-2224
Fax:  (937) 775-2481
Email:  deberah.england@wright.edu

"The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us."
Marigold IceUnity's 2005/06 motto from original text by Audre Lorde (1934-1992) http://marigold.fi/