Re: JSTOR Peter Picerno 20 Jan 2009 22:18 UTC

We subscribe to several JSTOR collections and have not retained our print titles for those collections mainly because it helps relieve space issues, and we also feel that JSTOR is a stable institution which maintains a reasonable pricing model. We do retain titles, however, which are graphic-intensive or which faculty feel particularly strongly about retaining in print format as well as electronic format.

Peter V. Picerno
Serials & E-Resources
Asst. Head, Resource Development
Green Library GL 810
Florida International University
University Park
Miami  FL   33199
Ph: 305.348.6279
Fax: 305.348.1798

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Stephen Clark
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:51 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] JSTOR

We have added our first JSTOR collection and I have a couple of questions.  I've noticed on my exchange listserv that JSTOR titles are offered.

I would like to know if your library participates in JSTOR:

1.  Do you retain your print titles that are available in JSTOR?
     a.  Why?
     b.  Why not?

Thanks,

Sandra Thomas