Re: PC Magazine question Ken Siegert 05 Feb 2009 15:45 UTC

Hi Roman,

We received our first emailed version of PC Magazine on Jan. 31.
While I oversee all of the periodical processing (both print and
electronic resource), I forwarded the email onto our Science
Librarian.  She's in another building, and it made more sense for her
to handle the email version of PC Magazine.

I haven't heard any complaints, although I'm not sure how often the
print copy was used.  If I remember correctly, once the issue is
downloaded, subscribers are allowed to print as many copies of the
magazine as they want.  For a library, this all seems to be a rather
silly way for a publisher to distribute their magazine.  There should
have been some other method or viewing/accessing the title for
libraries.

Late last year, I tried contacting PC Magazine with several
questions.  Instead of answering anything, they forwarded a website
address that told me that the January issue would be the last in
print, and from that point forward it would be electronic only.  They
don't seem to be very cooperative.

We have EBSCOHost Business Source Premier, and as of this morning,
the February issue is not showing up.  Not sure how they'll handle
this new version of PC Magazine.

--Ken