Re: A-Z list more T Thompson 17 Mar 2009 17:47 UTC

When you say "SerialsSolutions will also at some point allow Ebooks to
appear in the listing as well," do e-books not show up even if you have the
subscription to that module?

Tracey Thompson
Acquisitions Librarian
New Mexico State University Library
MSC 3475 P.O. Box 30006
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8006
(p) 575-646-8093
(f) 575-646-7477

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Sandhya Srivastava
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:56 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] A-Z list more

Hi Marguerite and Lori

When users either use only catalog or the A to Z list -- they want a
complete listing so they do not have to search twice.  How else can they be
sure they have searched everything and what they have is the most they can
get?  We put in our electronic resources links in the catalog and we make
sure they show up in the A to Z list.  SerialsSolutions will also at some
point allow Ebooks to appear in the listing as well.

How's that for complete?

Sandhya Srivastava
Electronic Resources Librarian
NYIT
Ssrivast@nyit.edu

Date:    Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:51:35 -0500

From:    Lori Fenton <lori.fenton@WASHBURN.EDU>

Subject: Re: A - Z lists what is included

Those of you who have everything (or more than just e-journals) in your=20
A-Z lists, are you maintaining it all in your catalog as well? Seems=20 like
a lot of double work. Does a federated search product help reduce=20 the
need for "one place to search for a title?"

Lori R. Fenton

Electronic Resources

Washburn University Mabee Library

1700 SW College Avenue