Re: A - Z lists what is included Chad Everett Hutchens 19 Mar 2009 19:35 UTC

I know that Serials Solutions does not charge extra for this sort of thing.  They only charge libraries for title lists that they have to maintain meaning if your loading local holdings, those title counts aren't included in the overall cost.  In fact, the same is true of their "Freely Available" collections that you can activate (there are 7 of those collections in Serials Solutions).

I don't know how the other providers deal with this.

--
Chad Hutchens
Electronic Resources Librarian
University of Wyoming Libraries
Dept 3334, 1000 E University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071-20000
Ph: (307) 766-5560

________________________________
From: Lucy Wrightington <lxw08@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:07:04 -0600
To: "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum" <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] A - Z lists what is included

For those of you with a provider that charges per number of titles, how are
you restricting titles in order to stay under
a certain number, especially when choosing a whole package?

Lucy Wrightington, Senior Librarian
Dickerman Library
Wadsworth Center, N.Y. State Dept. of Health
Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12201

             "Hoyte, Daniel"
             <hoyte@CHAPMAN.ED
             Sent by:                  SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
             "SERIALST:                                                 cc
             Serials in
             Libraries                                             Subject
             Discussion Forum"         Re: [SERIALST] A - Z lists what is
             <SERIALST@LIST.UV         included
             M.EDU>

             03/19/2009 08:13
             AM

             Please respond to
                "SERIALST:
                Serials in
                 Libraries
             Discussion Forum"
             <SERIALST@LIST.UV
                  M.EDU>

Our link resolver provider (SFU) charges by FTE, so there is no issue
with how many titles we have.

Daniel Hoyte
Senior Library Systems Technician
Chapman University Leatherby Libraries