Re: title change? American journal of hospice & palliative care Steven C Shadle 06 Apr 2009 22:29 UTC

The change (...care -> ...medicine) happens after the first five words so it depends on whether you think it "changes the meaning of the title or indicates a different subject matter" with an in case of doubt leaning towards considering the change minor.

Unless the US ISSN Center decides it's a major change (and assigns a new ISSN), I would consider minor.  If you look at the LCSH for 'Palliative treatment' (which really should be on this record) there are see references from  'Palliative care' and 'Palliative medicine.'  IMO, in this case where treatment, care and medicine and considered close enough to synonyms to not create separate subject headings, I would consider the change from 'care' to 'medicine' to be minor.

Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian  *****  shadle@u.washington.edu
University of Washington Libraries      ***     Phone: (206) 685-3983
Seattle, WA 98195-2900                   *        Fax: (206) 543-0854