Re: Musical Quarterly Skwor, Jeanette 07 Apr 2009 15:57 UTC

YES!!!

And yes, I am shouting.  I have been so frustrated with this I could (and guess I just did), scream.

Reader's Digest version of the past month-or-so:
1) ERM person asks me if we're subscribed, she cannot gain e-access to the articles.
2) I discover we are paid through v. 90, 2007, so I email our vendor.
3)  Vendor responds, this is a delayed title & they have not been invoiced beyond v. 90 yet, also sends along a password & username to access.
4)  ERM person confirms what I am thinking, we should be recognized by IP address, not clunking along with a login & password; I grumble to vendor, adding that vol. 91, no. 1/2 is up on website.
5) Vendor apologizes & says they will contact pub again.
6)  I contact pub. (Oxford) myself (1-800-852-7323) & spoke to Mark.  He said there was a mix-up in payment;   however, when he brought up our record, he said, "Oh oh", and "there's something wrong here" and then after a few minutes, that it "may be a tech thing on our end."  Needed to check with tech people and get back to me.
7 - 10 ish) It is now working fine.  I have talked to Mark since & he is concerned it may not stay up, but is watching it and I feel confident working with him.  I've not had further word from my vendor, and haven't been invoiced further.

Will you share your story please, as you work through your situation?

Jeanette L. Skwor
Cofrin Library, Serials Dept.
UW-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Buck, Marguerite
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:58 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Musical Quarterly

Has anyone else had difficulty getting a Musical Quarterly subscription. We missed the last 3 years due to subscription agent error. Our invoice stated "will order when current". They even returned a payment. I realize now that I should have been more vigilant and checked myself.

Marguerite Buck
Serials/Reference Librarian
Gabriele Library
Immaculata University