Re: Ow. I was wrong about LC. Rick C. Mason 09 Apr 2009 16:29 UTC

Don't feel bad - it means you have a good eye for typos.

A bit of research (Wiktionary: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/broncho ) reveals broncho to be an alternative spelling.

The online edition of the OED ( http://dictionary.oed.com/cgi/entry/50028035 ) (to use an earlier version of a social network dictionary) uses that spelling for every source prior to 1884.

Kind of an interesting discovery for the day.  Thanks!

Rick

Rick Mason
Acquisitions Assistant
Blackmore Library
Capital University
1 College and Main
Columbus, OH 43209-2394
(614) 236-6353
rmason2@capital.edu
-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Susan Wishnetsky
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:49 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Ow. I was wrong about LC.

My earlier message, entitled "Ow. LC does a typo," revealed my own ignorance.  The spelling error was actually committed by whoever named the film "Bucking Broncho."  All LC did was faithfully reproduce that [mis]spelling.  My bad.  SW

Susan Wishnetsky
Electronic Resources Librarian
Galter Health Sciences Library
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
303 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3008

(312) 503-9351
FAX (312) 503-1204
pasiphae@northwestern.edu

FEINBERG SCHOOL of MEDICINE
150 Years of Advancing Science, Improving Health