Re: Replacing missing pages Barbara Pope 02 Jun 2009 19:34 UTC

Hello, Peter.  So far, I have only used ILL to replace pages missing from
older bound volumes.  As a matter of fact, I did these a few weeks ago for
a bound volume of Newsweek that was missing 2 pages.  As for volumes that
we are getting ready to bind, I use listservs like alctsdeu, BACKSERV, and
BACKMED to get issues that we never received or that grew legs.  I have
ordered from Absolute Backorder for a couple of missing issues one time,
but that could get a little expensive as some issues are around $20.00 a
piece plus shipping.  Using these strategies, I would say that we are able
to send volumes to the bindery complete about 90% of the time.

See you at NASIG.  I am leaving tomorrow.  :D

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian
Axe Library