Re: Magazine holders/files for loose journal issues? Dietsch.Barbara@EPA.GOV 19 Jun 2009 15:53 UTC

Hi Sarah,

You might try a library supply company such as Gaylord
(www.gaylord.com).  Gaylord has Princeton files for about half the price
of the magazine holders from eConsciousMarket.com.

I would pick metal or plastic for durability.  They will stay cleaner
too.  If you decide on metal, get the Princeton files with felt bottoms.

 Barb

barb dietsch | serials coordinator
epa library | unc contract staff
109 alexander drive | mail code c267-01
research triangle park, nc 27711
phone: 919.541.0726
fax: 919.541.1405
dietsch.barbara@epa.gov

><(((º>.··..··..··..··.<º)))><

  From:       Sarah Hartman-Caverly <shartmanca@BRYNMAWR.EDU>

  To:         SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

  Date:       06/19/2009 10:42 AM

  Subject:    [SERIALST] Magazine holders/files for loose journal issues?

Hello SERIALSTs,

Now that we're in a new fiscal year with a dramatically smaller binding
budget, we're planning on keeping unbound print issues in the stacks in
magazine holders (aka magazine files).

Can anyone recommend a reliable brand/vendor? Cardboard or plastic?
Archival/acid-free? If you're using a similar system, how do you account
for the great size diversity among journals when ordering your files?
How do you record these holdings in your OPAC?

Any other advice/lessons learned from experience is greatly appreciated!
I don't even know if I'm asking the right questions.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah Hartman-Caverly | Library Assistant - Serials

610-526-5297 | 610-526-7480 facsimile | shartmanca@brynmawr.edu

Canaday Library | Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010