Re: Electronic Journal Cataloging Barbara Pope 30 Jun 2009 20:49 UTC

We get marc records for our electronic titles from Serials Solutions.
Whether or not we used Serials Solutions or not, I cannot imagine trying
to keep up with the frequent changes or urls, dates, etc. manually. We
have around 20,000 or so electronic journal titles which have different
levels of availability and dates in different databases. Serials
Solutions sends us a data upload every month around the middle of the
month. There are times when the A to Z List is more accurate because of
some change with a specific title, such as a publisher pulling a title
altogether or setting an embargo for a title.

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian
Axe Library