Re: Platform for individual electronic journals (besides EJS?) Hoyte, Daniel 31 Jul 2009 18:02 UTC

If you don't need link resolving, a web page somehow authenticated would
do the job. I know Ezproxy can do the job. If you need link resolving,
reSearcher CUFTS from Simon Fraser can handle the link resolving. Use
Ezproxy to pass the authentication information.

Daniel Hoyte
Senior Library Systems Technician
Chapman University Leatherby Libraries
(714) 532-7745
hoyte@chapman.edu
AIM/Yahoo IM: chaphoyte
"Pain is temporary. Suck is forever.
  Do your best up front"

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Lawless, Jane
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 9:17 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Platform for individual electronic journals (besides
EJS?)

We most often use EBSCO's EJS as an administrative platform for our
individually- subscribed electronic journals. This is valuable
especially when publishers don't support IP authentication; we can set
up a pop-up with login info for our users.

A number of e-journals we wish to subscribe to individually are not
available through EJS. This is especially true for titles that are aimed
at elementary educators (Everyday TLC, Enchanted Learning are two
examples). These titles don't support IP recognition and don't go
through EJS, so we are trying to work out alternatives. Without an admin
platform that allows us to communicate login info to our users, I am
stumped.

If anyone knows something that would help me with this question I'd be
very grateful!

Thanks,

Jane

Jane Lawless