Re: Wiley PDF problems Dietsch.Barbara@EPA.GOV 06 Jul 2009 15:24 UTC

I did a spot check.  We are not having problems opening .pdf articles.

Barb

barb dietsch | serials coordinator
epa library | unc contract staff
109 alexander drive | mail code c267-01
research triangle park, nc 27711
phone: 919.541.0726
fax: 919.541.1405
dietsch.barbara@epa.gov

><(((º>.··..··..··..··.<º)))><

  From:       Andrea Imre <aimre@LIB.SIU.EDU>

  To:         SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

  Date:       07/06/2009 11:16 AM

  Subject:    [SERIALST] Wiley PDF problems

Is anyone else experiencing problems with PDF downloads of Wiley
journals?

With some titles, we have encountered problems in IE and in Firefox.
When opening the PDF of the article, a message stating “ There was an
error processing the page. Invalid ColorSpace.” is displayed.  The PDF
of the document downloads but the first page is empty unless one saves
the document to the computer which seems to resolve the problem in the
browser.  Other pages of the articles are not affected.

I reported the problem to Wiley some time ago but we still experience
the same problem.  Are others seeing the same error message and have the
same problem with the first page?

Here are a few examples:

Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
Review of Economic Studies

Andrea

Andrea Imre
Electronic Resources Librarian