Re: Copyrighted materials warning Williams, Mary Welch 13 Aug 2009 16:46 UTC

I contacted the publisher and had a very nice email response.  This
copyright notice was a programming error and they have cleaned up the
present issue (August).  They will clean up previous issues in time.

No one had complained, though the notice has been prominent since
September of 2008.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Williams, Mary Welch
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:58 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Copyrighted materials warning

One of our electronic titles displays a copyright notice splashed across
the screen on all its articles.  And, of course, it prints out across
the text, making it difficult to read in either situation.

Is there a means of dealing with this?  Of course we understand that the
material is copyrighted, but we have paid for the right to read it.  If
we can't read it, then I'm thinking we'll cancel the title.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Williams (mwill108@utmem.edu)
Assistant Professor/Serials Librarian