Re: Publisher price increase!!!! Ken Siegert 24 Sep 2009 14:23 UTC

Hi Stephen,

Looking at the title on EBSCONet, it appears that there is now tier
pricing (not sure if this is new, but I'm guessing).  While I haven't
heard anything from EBSCO or from Scientific American, they have "List
1 Institutions US US Possessions" for $39.95 and "List 2 Business or
Higher Education Library" for $299.

--Ken

On Sep 24, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Stephen Clark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We just received a notice from our subscription agent that
> Scientific American was raising their print subscription price for
> 2010 from $41.91 (which includes the agent's service charge) to
> $299.00  Has anyone else received this outrageous increase notice?
> We are in the process of contacting the publisher to find out what
> might be the cause of this dramatic price rise.
>
> Stephen
>
> --
> Stephen Clark
> Acquisitions Librarian
> College of William and Mary
> Earl Gregg Swem Library
> Williamsburg, VA  phone:  757-221-3107
> fax:  757-221-3645
> email:  sdclar@wm.edu

Ken Siegert
Acquisitions Assistant
Electronic Resources & Periodicals / U.S. Documents
Shadek-Fackenthal Library
Franklin & Marshall College
P.O. Box 3003
Lancaster, PA  17604-3003