Re: Just a thought . . . Sarah D. Tusa 09 Oct 2009 16:01 UTC

Well, to access the databases from our campus, they'd have to have an authorized log-in!  And to have that, they'd either have to be a currently enrolled student or be in the active employees database.  (Maybe there are a few adjuncts who are alternate lifeforms.  Ha-ha)

Sarah Tusa, Associate Professor
Coordinator of Collection Development & Acquisitions
Mary & John Gray Library, Lamar University
PO Box 10021
Beaumont, TX  77710-0021

Ph:   409/880-8125
Fax: 409/880-8225
-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Edwards, Mary
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 10:46 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Just a thought . . .

What if there is alternate lifeforms out there who could conceivably access these journals through technologies yet unthought of by human minds (or publishers)?  Are we so earth-centric that they should not be counted too?  :-)

Mary E. Edwards
Director of Library Services
The Art Institute of California - Los Angeles
2900 31st Street
Santa Monica, CA  90405
310-314-6154 (tel.)
meedwards@aii.edu