Re: Checking in print plus online subscriptions? Danny Jones 02 Oct 2009 15:08 UTC

We stopped checking in journals that required a print subscription to get the online journal.  In most cases, we immediately discard the print issues.
Danny

=======================
Daniel H. Jones, M.L.S., Director
Preston G. Northrup Memorial Library
Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research
Shipping address:
     7620 NW Loop 410
     San Antonio, TX  78227-5301
Mailing address:
     P.O. Box 760549
     San Antonio, TX  78245-0549

Tel:  210-258-9426
Fax:  210-670-3313
Email:  djones@sfbr.org
=======================

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Williams, Mary Welch
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 9:17 AM
To: SERIALST@list.uvm.edu

Good morning!!

We're facing further staff reductions and I'm trying to find ways for us
to spend our precious time on things that really matter.

We've been moving subscriptions to online only where economically
feasible, but we still receive titles where online only is not an
option.  We know that our print titles don't get used, we've got numbers
that tell us so.  I've suggested that we not check in the print issue of
our print+ subscriptions.  We have 41 such titles.

My supervisor would like to know if others have done this and if there
have been any ramifications, so I am asking you.

Thanks for your help,

Mary

Mary Williams (mwill108@uthsc.edu)
Serials Librarian
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Library and Biocommunications Center
877 Madison Avenue, Room 250
Memphis, TN 38163

Phone: (901) 448-5154