Re: student subscriptions? Patricia Pettijohn 09 Dec 2009 21:47 UTC

Oddly enough, these folks sell single issue "replicas" of current issues
only...
http://www.mymagstore.com/23716/445703/Misc/Sports-Illustrated.html

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Barbara Pope
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 4:30 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

I remember I had to subscribe to Washington Post for a class when I was
in college. I think the professor gave all the students subscription
cards that looked kind of like those you see inside magazines for gift
subscriptions and such. We each had to subscribe individually and send
in checks to pay for our subscriptions. I noticed on the Sports
Illustrated website that you can subscribe for 56 or 28 weeks. The 28
week subscription is a lot cheaper and that would a lot closer to the
right number of issues for a student.

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian