Re: Cease claiming, checking in, binding Wilma Dague 20 Jan 2010 21:02 UTC

We are much more likely to cancel a spottily-delivered title if a similar journal comes regularly and without prompting.

Best regards,
Wilma Weant Dague
Serials  Coordinator
Benedictine College Library
St. Benedict's Abbey Library
1020 North 2nd St.
Atchison, KS 66002

(913) 360-7610
wdague@benedictine.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Thompson,Tracey
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:51 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Cease claiming, checking in, binding

This has prompted me to start gathering information for titles with problematic claiming.  We can use this as another consideration or data point during our serials review this spring.  There is the possibility that we will have to make major cuts for next year.  Why pay for a title that we have problems getting?

Tracey Thompson
Acquisitions Librarian/College Asst. Professor
New Mexico State University Library
MSC 3475 PO Box 30006
Las Cruces, NM 88003

Phone: 575-646-8093