Re: RN vs. Healthcare Traveler Richard Scott 20 Jan 2010 23:13 UTC

We received a letter from the publisher stating that RN had ceased publication and that they were replacing the title with Healthcare Traveler. After consulting our nursing faculty we chose not to renew.

Best,

Richard Scott

Richard W. Scott
Electronic Resources/Periodicals Librarian
Walla Walla University
College Place, WA
509-527-2684

I am seduced by trains. When one moans in the night like some
dragon gone lame, I rise and put on my grandfather's suit.....
>From "Trains" by David Shumate

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Barbara Pope
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:22 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] RN vs. Healthcare Traveler

Hi, everyone.  We recently received an issue of Healthcare Traveler in the
mail.  I understand that it has been published for several years.  I
checked OCLC and the record I found indicated that Healthcare Traveler
succeeded (or I guess, absorbed, since Healthcare has been published for
awhile) RN.  When we made a claim to Ebsco for an issue we had no
received, we were told we had no subscription.  Ebsco is telling us that
there was no title change and that RN just ceased.  I checked the
publisher's website, but can't really find any information.  Does anyone
out there have any solid information on this?

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian
Axe Library