Re: Question on link resolvers & PubMed Dana Pearson 01 Feb 2010 22:11 UTC

Hi Liz,

I think everything in PubMed Central is freely accessible, that is, if
there is a PubMed Central URL, then the article is there.  Maintaining
links should not be a problem for libraries who harvest the metadata
or for those using other sources as long as the link is recognizably
PMC's.

I have been working on transforming the Dublin Core metadata harvested
from PubMed Central for the last few months.  A remarkable collection
of current publications and archive of titles in the biomedical and
life sciences.

I found a way to supplement the meager data of the Dublin Core with
the parent journal information to provide greater context for the
user.

Presently learning more about serials cataloging of articles and have
not found much information regarding best practices.  You can view
some of examples of my initial decisions at my website:

dbpearsonmlis.com/pmc.html

Would greatly welcome any suggestions, critiques.

regards,
dana