Re: E-journals Renewals and Activation Patricia Thompson 22 Feb 2010 15:43 UTC

"What is supposed to happen next?"

In my experience, it varies with each publisher. My subscription
agent does not make sure I have access-- it's up to me. They will
assist with fixing it if I discover that it doesn't work, but I have
to check it. And I don't have time to check everything, so I am sure
that some of them fall through the cracks. I am always discovering
problems when I am checking for something else!

I sign up for new issue alerts and toc's for some titles on most of
the platforms, and sometimes I find out that way about something not working.

But I am interested in how others handle this too.

Pat Thompson

Patricia R. Thompson
Assistant University Librarian for Resource Management Services
duPont Library
University of the South
Sewanee, TN 37383
931-598-1657