Re: Serials Solutions vs. SFX Platkowski, Melissa 29 Mar 2010 16:42 UTC

I don't know about this, but it drives me crazy that Ex Libris doesn't just use a moving wall for titles in JStor.  That would make so much more sense!  Then they'd only have to change them when the wall moves, instead of every year.

Melissa Platkowski

Electronic Resources Librarian
David A. Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Dr.
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001
P: (920) 465-2764
F: (920) 465-2136

platkowm@uwgb.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Mark Hemhauser
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:26 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Serials Solutions vs. SFX

We use SFX from Ex Libris as our link resolver. I am wondering how
Serials Solutions handles the JSTOR packages. SFX shows the beginning
and ending years--1911-2006, for example. Every year, unknown when, Ex
Libris will update the latest year so the threshold would read
1911-2007. It's the end of March and any title I check seems to have the
newly added year at JSTOR, but SFX is behind. How much more current is
Serials Solutions with the JSTOR collections?

Mark

--
Mark Hemhauser
Coordinator, Continuing and Electronic Resources

301-405-9309 (voice)
301-314-1200 (fax)