Re: e-reader management in libraries Jane Smith 07 May 2010 21:40 UTC
We lend Kindles at Texas A&M in College Station, through our Educational and Media Services department. We currently have 3 sets of 6 Kindles (for a total of 18) available for checkout. Each of the 6 Kindles in a set can share titles. We check them out for 7 days. Right now, we have a 3 month waiting period.

Students can request books to be loaded onto the Kindle using a form on our library website. They are then notified when the Kindle is loaded and ready for checkout.

For more information, see the following article written by our Head of Public and Research Services:

Clark, Dennis T.. "Lending Kindle e-book readers: first results from the Texas A&M University project." Collection Building 28, no. 4 (2009): 146-9.

Jane Smith

Jane Smith
Associate Professor
Coordinator of Electronic Resources
University Libraries
Texas A&M University
janeasmith@tamu.edu

Sterling C. Evans Library
5000 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843

Tel. 979.862.3070 | Fax 979.458.1630
http://library.tamu.edu

>>> "Montgomery, Debbie L" <debmontg@UTDALLAS.EDU> 5/6/2010 4:29 PM >>>
Please share any responses, as we are interested in the same.

Thank you!

Debbie Montgomery
Head of Cataloging
University of Texas at Dallas