Re: Labels for Current Titles on Shelf Shankle, Jean 02 Jul 2010 13:07 UTC

We have used the Holdex labels for years for the same purpose.  Then we discovered the Holdex labels with magnets on the back.  We are now using those.  We get them from Demco.  They come in bags now, used to be in boxes.  They are a little long for our purpose, but they are easily cut to the length  we want.  They have one dozen 6" long strips with inserts in each package.   The item number is 15333400, magnetic holdex, 3/4" wide x 6" long.  They come in other sizes.  Although the package says they are Holdex, the manufacturer is Aigner Index, Inc. New Windsor, NY 12553, www.aignerindex.com.

========================
Miss Jean Shankle
Periodicals Coordinator
jshankle@pcci.edu
Pensacola Christian College Library
Box 18000
Pensacola, FL 32523
========================

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Barbara Pope
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 4:35 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Labels for Current Titles on Shelf

Hello.  For years, we have used those little plastic label holders and put pieces of paper in them to identify where each current periodical title is shelved.  Our plastic label holders don't really fit out shelves, thus necessitating using doublesided foam tape to hold them on.  I was at another library once and noticed that they use some kind of magnetic tape with labels  on them for this same purpose.  The magnets intrigued me, because I realized how easy shifting the collection would be.  I was wondering if any of you have used this option, or any other option for shelf labels.  What product do you use and where did you buy it?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian