Re: microfilming directories Lori Rotterman 05 Nov 2010 18:35 UTC

We are a public library with 19 branch locations.  We keep all of the
old hard copies from our branch locations, and rotate them into use as
our current public copy wears out.  The only ones that we have
microfilmed are those very old copies with poor pulp quality paper,
which were simply becoming too fragile to continue to use.

Lori

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Lisa Finch
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 12:29 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] microfilming directories

For at least the past 19 years, our Library has been microfilming the
following directories:

Hill-Donnelly Cross Reference Directory
Polk City Directory
BellSouth phone book (or whatever phonebook was being published for our
city
at the time)

Do other libraries microfilm these still?  Or has everyone gone to
digitizing them?  Do you keep the old hard copies?

I'd be very interested to hear about your policies/procedures regarding
these.

Thanks.
Lisa