Re: FW: US News and World Report ceasing print Edwards, Mary 17 Nov 2010 18:36 UTC

There seems to be a little bit of a "let them eat cake" mentality among the publishers in the rush to go digital.  We're encountering the same thing with the Daily Hollywood Reporter.  They've gone to digital daily and weekly glossy in print.  Not everyone can afford an iPad or Smartphone.  And certainly sending the pdf to a single mailbox doesn't quite work for a library.

Digital is most certainly the way things will go -- and rightfully so.  However, it would be good if publishers could do this mindfully and not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Mary E. Edwards
Director of Library Services
The Art Institute of California - Los Angeles
2900 31st Street
Santa Monica, CA  90405-3035
310-314-6154 (tel.)
meedwards@aii.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Amy Wise
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:14 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] FW: US News and World Report ceasing print

Jodi -

We decided to email customer service  usnews@emailcustomerservoce.com
and got very good results by simply letting them know we wanted to
subscribe to the print version.  Hope this helps.

Amy Wise

At 12:32 PM 11/17/2010, you wrote:

> [...]

Amy Wise
James Earl Carter Library
Georgia Southwestern State University
800 GSW State Univ. Dr.
Americus, Ga. 31709
229-931-2261 Fax 229-931-2265

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.  Neither the sender nor the company for which he or she works accepts any liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.