Re: Backserv? Koveleskie, Judith 14 Jan 2011 15:47 UTC

I agree.   Swets is providing this service free of charge and many of us who use it are not even customers.   They have no obligation to keep it up and running.     What harm was done having it down for a few days?

Judith Koveleskie

Periodicals Librarian

________________________________
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] on behalf of Katy Ginanni [ksginanni@EMAIL.WCU.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:46 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Backserv?

Just because a company is in business to make a profit (most of them are; it’s kind of the point of capitalism) does not make them unethical.  What you say here borders on the libelous.  You should more carefully consider what you post in a public forum.

Katy G.

Katy Ginanni, Collection Development Librarian
President, NASIG
Hunter Library, Western Carolina University
176 Central Drive
Cullowhee, NC 28723
ksginanni@email.wcu.edu
828-227-3729 office