Re: Armand-Colin journals. Gormley, Alice 22 Feb 2011 16:40 UTC

Yes!  It was not easy but got much help from our agent, Harrassowitz.  Really couldn't have done it without them.  They mean one IP range; we did it for our campus.  Harrassowitz has detailed instructions that would help you.  (I don't have them anymore, am hoping that the site becomes activation friendlier soon.)  If need be, feel free to contact me; it was recent enough that I could probably help.  It was not intuitive. :-)

Best wishes--
Alice

Alice Gormley
Marquette University
Raynor Memorial Libraries

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Christopher Waldrop
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:59 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Armand-Colin journals.

Hi all,

Has anyone had luck enabling online access to journals that are available from Armand-Colin (http://www.armand-colin.com/)?

We've been trying to activate six titles. Both Swets and Harrassowitz say that access by IP is available, but the most recent response I've gotten from Harrassowitz is that the publisher will only accept one public IP. I'm still not sure whether this means only one IP range or just one specific IP.

According to Ebsco access is available via a password that we can choose and that can be shared. That might solve the problem, but I can't tell whether that's the case or not.

These are the journals we're trying to get access to:

Langue Francaise
Litterature
Romantisme
Annales, histoire, sciences sociales
Annales historiques de la Révolution française Revue de l'histoire des religions

Thank you for any advice.