Re: Title change Koveleskie, Judith 24 Feb 2011 19:13 UTC

You will need to add a field to the old record to show the new title in the 785 field and there are other changes to show the last date it was published under the old title.   This record is essentially closed.

You will then need to import the new record  for the new title from OCLC and it should have the link to the former title in the 780 field.   I don't do that much cataloging myself, so I usually wait for someone else to create it in OCLC, so that I can just copy it into my system.

________________________________
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] on behalf of Hilleshiem, Jodi [HilleshiemJ@UIU.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:49 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] FW: Title change

I know I run the risk of looking stupid for asking a question with an obvious answer, but as I’m not getting anywhere searching for “help” on the company’s page & am beyond frustrated, here goes:

Our library uses Voyager (Ex Libris) for serials cataloging & acquisitions.  I’m trying to figure out what I need to do to show that a publication has undergone a title change so that it will show up in our catalog with the new title.  For example, Multimedia & Internet@Schools recently changed their name to Internet@Schools.  Do I need to import a new record from OCLC with the new title, or is there somewhere on the original cataloging record to note the new name?  Our cataloger said it’s something I need to do on my end, but I can’t even figure out where to begin.  I’ve got the same question about Bloomberg Business Week/Business Week.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone running Voyager could give me some suggestions!

Jodi Hilleshiem, MLS
Assistant Director of Library Services
Henderson-Wilder Library
Upper Iowa University
Fayette, IA  52142
563-425-5356
hilleshiemj@uiu.edu

This electronic message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this electronic communication in its entirety. Email sent to or from Upper Iowa University may be retained as required by law or regulation. Thank you for your cooperation.