Re: NYTimes.com no longer free Renner, Kathy 22 Mar 2011 14:49 UTC

I think since our New York Times is delivered by Mail, we are considered home delivery.  I have signed up for a username and password and supposedly, the following applies.  We also have the microfilm which is 2 or 3 months behind.  We are a small school so helping a student is not a big deal with a username and password.  I am not sure how that would translate to a larger school.

Yes. Print subscribers to The New York Times get a free All Digital Access subscription. This package includes free, unlimited access to NYTimes.com on any device, plus the full range of NYTimes apps for your smartphone (iPhone, Android-powered phones, BlackBerry), your tablet (iPad) and your computer (Times Reader 2.0 and the NYTimes App for the Chrome Web Store).

To activate your digital subscription, you'll need to connect your home delivery subscription to your NYTimes.com account. If you haven't already done so, visit this page to connect your accounts.

Free, unlimited access is provided to all print subscribers, no matter what type of subscription you have (daily, weekday, Weekender, etc.). You'll also qualify for free digital access if your home delivery is provided by a third party (rather than by The New York Times directly).

Please note that free access is for home delivery customers only. If you purchase single copies of the newspaper at a newsstand or other retailer, you will need to purchase a digital subscription separately.

Digital subscription benefits for print subscribers also include the Replica Edition. Please note that e-reader editions (Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo Reader) are not free to print subscribers.

Home delivery subscribers to the International Herald Tribune will receive free, unlimited access to NYTimes.com.

Kathy

Kathy Renner
Serials and Electronic Resources Coordinator
Reeves Library
Westminster College
501 Westminster Avenue
Fulton, MO 65251-1299
(573) 592-5248
E-mail Kathy.Renner@westminster-mo.edu
Website: www.westminster-mo.edu
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. The designated recipients are prohibited from redisclosing this information to any other party without authorization and are required to destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited by federal or state law.