Commercial digest (2 messages) SERIALST Moderator 03 Jun 2011 20:50 UTC

Commercial Digest, a once a week digest of messages containing
informational content from commercial bodies (i.e., publishers,
publishers, vendors, agents, etc.)

This week's digest contains 2 messages:

(1)------------------------
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:20:27 -0400
From: Emma Boyer <eboyer@dukeupress.edu>
To: ERIL-L@LISTSERV.BINGHAMTON.EDU, liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu, lis-e-resources@jiscmail.ac.uk, SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU, aaup-j@ucp.uchicago.edu, editor@chronicle.com, strauchk@cofc.edu, kathlene.collins@insidehighered.com, publicist@nasig.org
Subject: 2012 pricing information from Duke University Press

For immediate release
June 1, 2011
For more information, contact
Emma Boyer, Publicity Coordinator
eboyer@dukeupress.edu

2012 pricing information from Duke University Press
2012 pricing for single journal titles and electronic collections
from Duke University Press is now available online. We are pleased to
offer pricing options for the e-Duke Journals Scholarly Collections
to public libraries for the first time. Please visit the Library
Resource Center at http://dukeupress.edu/library for all pricing
information.

2012 pricing for Euclid Prime will be announced in August.

Addition of new title to 2012 journals list
Duke University Press is pleased to announce the addition of Cultural
Politics to its journal list. Cultural Politics provides an
international refereed forum for the exploration of the global
character and effects of contemporary culture and politics. Cultural
Politics will be included in the e-Duke Journals Scholarly
Collections, both Standard and Expanded options, at no additional
cost to subscribers. It will also be available to subscribers of the
Premium Collection on Project MUSE.

Change in frequency for positions: east asia cultures critique
In 2012 positions will increase in frequency from three to four
issues per year.

Carlyle Letters Online donation model
Because grant support has decreased, The Carlyle Letters Online: A
Victorian Cultural Resource will now be partly funded with donations.
It will remain freely available.  For more information, please
contact carlylegifts@dukeupress.edu.

For more information about 2012 pricing, please visit the Library
Resource Center at http://dukeupress.edu/library or contact

Emma S. Boyer
Academic Exhibits & Publicity Coordinator
Journals Marketing Department
Duke University Press
Box 90660
Durham, NC 27708-0660
Phone:  919.687.3636
Fax: 919.680.6078
eboyer@dukeupress.edu

(2)------------------
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:26:51 -0400
From: Collins@ioppubusa.com
Subject: IOP introduces open access publishing option on 23 journals

***A version of this message has been cross-posted***

Dear Librarians,

IOP Publishing (IOP) is pleased to announce that we are introducing
an open access publishing option on 23 of our subscription-based
journals, effective immediately. Authors will now be able to make the
final versions of their articles freely available upon publication.
This "hybrid open access model" was developed to support authors who
want to publish on an open access basis, or who are mandated to do so
by their funding bodies. Authors will be able to make their work open
to everyone in perpetuity upon payment of an article publication fee.

Steven Hall, Managing Director of IOP Publishing, said of the new
service, "IOP was a pioneer in open access publishing, launching the
New Journal of Physics in 1998 in partnership with the Deutsche
Physikalische Gesellschaft and is now publishing seven pure open
access journals.  It is a natural extension to introduce an open
access option on our traditional subscription journals. We want
authors to be able to publish in their journal of choice, regardless
of business model.  Gold open access can be a sustainable complement
or alternative to subscription publishing and we will work with
funding bodies which seek to disseminate their research in this way."

IOP Publishing will take revenue from article publication charges
fully into account when setting prices for our subscription journals,
to ensure that publication costs are not paid twice, through both
subscription and publication charges.

The 23 IOP-owned titles which will now offer the hybrid open-access
option include the Journal of Physics series, Classical and Quantum
Gravity and Nanotechnology. We are currently in discussions with
our partners on the possibility of introducing the hybrid option on
co-published journals.

For more information on this new service, visit
 http://iopscience.iop.org/info/page/openaccess or contact us at
info@ioppubusa.com.

With sincere regards,
Sharice