Re: new Taylor & Francis platform Platkowski, Melissa 14 Jul 2011 19:23 UTC

Could you give us an example of #'s 2, 3, & 4?  I randomly checked a few titles and they were all right.  (I don't have time to check them all just to find out how widespread the problem is.)

I agree that it's very annoying to see what's available only at the issue TOC level.  I much prefer this information, even if it's "partial access" like Metapress does, at the journal volume/issue list level.

I haven't tried calling them, but have you tried more than once or at a different time?  Just curious.

Melissa Platkowski

Electronic Resources Librarian
David A. Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Dr.
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001
P: (920) 465-2764
F: (920) 465-2136

platkowm@uwgb.edu

http://www.uwgb.edu/library

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Ken Siegert
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:49 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] new Taylor & Francis platform

Hello!

I can't seem to find any comments about this, so.

What are your thoughts about the new Taylor & Francis platform?

Here's what I have noticed --

1) The re-directs work!
2) Missing issues.
3) Issues are not in order.
4) Volumes are sometimes split in 2, and then the issues are not in order.
5) Don't like that you have to get down to the table of contents to see that we have access.

Also, I tried to call T&F (Philly office), and their nice recording states that they are open 9-5, M-F. and that they are closed.

We had a professor looking for an article online (luckily we had it in print), but of course the issue was missing.

Thanks,

Ken

----------

Ken Siegert
Acquisitions Assistant
Electronic Resources & Periodicals / U.S. Documents

Shadek-Fackenthal Library
Franklin & Marshall College
P.O. Box 3003
Lancaster, PA  17604-3003