Spam woes Birdie MacLennan 15 Jul 2011 16:46 UTC

Dear Lynne and all -
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Yes, we are aware of the problem, which has consisted of some messages
bypassing the security protocols and moderator framework that is in
place for approval and distribution of messages on SERIALST.  We have
taken active steps to address this, and are continuing to monitor the
situation closely.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your patience and ongoing support.

  - Birdie MacLennan
  SERIALST Listowner

Quoting Lynne Weaver <lweaver@RANDOLPHCOLLEGE.EDU>:

> Hello to SERIALST administrators --
>
> This is the second message like this I've received in the last couple of
> days.  It comes from SERIALST  "On Behalf Of 012-6636286
> [ravinesh03@YAHOO.COM]"  (I'm not sure if the other one originated from
> the same sender; I deleted it yesterday.)  Didn't know if you knew about
> it or if there's anything you can do about it.  I certainly don't want
> to block SERIALST messages; I've benefitted from and contributed to the
> list for many years now!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lynne N. Weaver
> Serials Coordinator
> Lipscomb Library
> Randolph College
> Founded as Randolph-Macon Woman's College
> 2500 Rivermont Avenue
> Lynchburg, VA  24503
> 434 947-8396
> 434 947-8134 Fax