Re: Increased Prices for Journals of the American Counseling Association Larsen, Alison 29 Sep 2011 19:39 UTC

I just inquired about the same thing with our subscription agent.

I was told that Counseling and Values was picked up by Wiley for 2012-- probably accounting for the drastic increase.  Counselor Education and Supervision also doubled in price after being picked up by Wiley for 2012.  That was the only explanation I received but I did not go any further in-depth.

And so it continues...

Ali Larsen
Serials & Web Resources Librarian
Siena College
________________________________
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Matthew, Judy [MatthewJ@WPUNJ.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:22 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Increased Prices for Journals of the American Counseling Association

Has anyone else been astounded by the increased prices of the Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development and the Counseling and Values?  Both journals are doubling in price.  Is that correct or was my institution not paying the correct price in prior years?

____________________________________
Judy Matthew
Head of Periodicals / Document Delivery
David and Lorraine Cheng Library