Re: Serial title change Hall, Jack 27 Oct 2011 18:02 UTC

Thanks, Steve. I have done as you advise and emailed the editor, whose email address conveniently appears on the new title. I'll write back to serialst and autocat with any information the editor gives me. I will let others (Conser types or at least those more expert than I in serials cataloging) take care of correcting the OCLC records, if corrections are needed.

Jack

Jack Hall
Manager of Cataloging Services
Linguistics Librarian
University of Houston Libraries
Houston, TX 77204-2000
phone: 713 743 9687
fax: 713 743 9748
email: jhall@uh.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Steven C Shadle
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:41 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Serial title change

Personally, I would contact the publisher directly and ask them whether they are still distributing print issues.  If so, then it hasn't ceased (even if perhaps they've publishing in a new format that "incorporates everything you like")

Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian         shadle@u.washington.edu
NASIG President
University of Washington Libraries              Phone: (206) 685-3983
Seattle, WA 98195-2900                            Fax: (206) 543-0854