Re: From loose-leaf to bound volume Griffin, Glenda 11 Oct 2011 17:02 UTC

Further information I have recently found  on this topic - I believe this is a "change of issuance".  We are going from an integrating resource to a serial.  Difficult to find much current information beyond that.

Opportunity may knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.
                                                                   -- anonymous

Glenda Griffin

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Griffin, Glenda
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:33 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] From loose-leaf to bound volume

Greetings-
I need help deciding which direction to go with Texas Trial Handbook 3rd edition which has recently changed from loose-leaf to bound volumes.  I cannot find a revised record in OCLC or a newly created record.  I am wondering if this change constitutes the creation of a new record the same as when a serial changes from print to electronic?  Myself and our Head Cataloger have looked at the new softbound volumes (v.1, v.2) and neither of us can find ISSN, LCN or any other standard number on them.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Glenda Griffin
Serials Catalog Librarian
Newton Gresham Library
Sam Houston State University