Re: EBSCO Link Source and Google Scholar Kathleen Dougherty 11 Oct 2011 17:42 UTC

Does Google Scholar link to embargoed content? I'm assuming it does.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate Dougherty
Electronic Resources & Government Documents Librarian
Leonard S. Washington Memorial Library
Southern University at New Orleans
6400 Press Drive
New Orleans, LA  70126
504-286-5222
kdougherty@suno.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Edward Keane
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:04 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] EBSCO Link Source and Google Scholar

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has had the experience of waiting an an undue
amount of time for Google Scholar to be configured to work with
LinkSource?

My recollection from several years ago is that it took about a week or
two for Serials Solutions to configure Google Scholar to work with their
product.

I have no other complaints about LinkSource, so far it seems to do what
it's supposed to and is relatively easy to work with, but our
institution notified EBSCO in August that we wanted Google Scholar to
work with LinkSource and in my opinion it shouldn't take more than a
month for this to get done.  But perhaps I am being unreasonable or my
memory isn't serving me well regarding our Serials Solutions experience.

Can anyone involved with the purchase ofLinkSource share their
experiences regarding this issue.

Thanks, Ed

Edward Keane
Reference/Instruction