Re: Freely Accessible Database Holdings bpope 18 Oct 2011 19:32 UTC

Hi, Tom.  I have also experienced this problem with freely accessible
resources.  I don't always add them just because they are freely accessible
and sometimes I add only 1 title out of hundreds available in a database.
I analyze them as critically as any title costing several thousand titles
because it takes my time to maintain them.  When I find one that has
incorrect dates but I still want to add it, I fix the dates but also check
it occasionally.  If it becomes a problem, I discard it and be done with
it.

--
Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:47:21 +0000, "Evans, Thomas W" <evans@CANISIUS.EDU>
wrote:
> Hello out there. I'm not sure if this topic has been addressed before;
if
> so, I'm sorry to bring it up again. I've been noticing that a lot of
these
> titles are not available up to the dates they say they are. For
instance,
> "The Journal of Experimental Medicine" has the following Serials
Solutions