Re: converting MFHD dates to other formats Lai-Ying Hsiung 19 Dec 2011 16:54 UTC

Hi, Amanda:

III has a separate holding record that has free text "Library Has: ".
However, are you aware that anyone has just mapped III's holding
record "Library Has:" to MARC holding 866, unless they also start to
use 853/863?  I am still wondering whether it is optimal to spend lots
of resources in coding 853/863 for print holdings when they are
dwindling, while e-serial holdings are still in free text 856 $3.

Our library is debating whether we should adopt 853/863 for print
holdings now.  Thus my question here. Any comments?
Lai-Ying