Re: De Gruyter emails?? Arlene Sievers-Hill 06 Jan 2012 11:06 UTC

To all:

Re: Walter de Gruyter

In a recent discussion I had with a Harrassowitz representative I
learned from him that Harrassowitz has taken over De Gruyter.  During
these kinds of changeovers there are more often than not lots of
confusion.  I will try to get all the information I can on this and
pass it on.

I suspect De Gruyter was about to go under and Harrassowitz may have
seen the opportunity to step in. They publish important material in
linguistics as many of you know.

De Gruyter and Mouton in the Netherlands have always, it seems, been
in trouble. When I worked there they were located near or in Lisse
where I worked with Swets. I remember Mouton going through a similar
vanishing act.
My thoughts.

Arlene Moore Sievers-Hill
Collection Development and Management Officer

Case Western Reserve University
Kelvin Smith Library
10900 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH  44106
USA

Telephone:  (216) 368-3328
Fax: (216) 368-3669
Email: Arlene.Sievers@case.edu

p.s.  Someone may want to pass this on to ACQNET and WESL of ACRL. I
will if I get a chance.