Re: Alternatives for usage statistic management? Jayson Felty 26 Mar 2012 13:55 UTC

Good morning Jill and others. For a few years we have been using Harrassowitz's E-stats product. We've given them the login information to our platforms and they gather the stats. Because they are our subscription agent they include the purchasing and pricing information. The results are sent in an excel file. We only request one yearly report, but I believe there are options for more frequent reports.

We subscribed to Swets Scholarly Stats for one year at the same time we first tried E-stats. We also tried PaperStats. In both cases we found that Harrassowitz's report was just as useful as we ended up wanting to analyze everything in Excel anyway and their pricing was very competitive.

Hope this helps.

Jayson Felty, MSIS
Information Services Librarian
Preston G. Northrup Memorial Library