Re: PubMed Central (NIH Portfolio) Journals bpope 10 Apr 2012 14:57 UTC

Hi, Dana.  This sounds like not all articles in a particular journal may
be deposited.  I don't think this would work well with my open url
resolver, because it will be directing patrons to a place where no full
text exists.  Patrons and staff get confused if I add something that is
"select articles only."  I don't know if I want to add that resource to our
profile or not.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

--
Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 20:35:30 -0500, Dana Pearson <dbpearsonmlis@GMAIL.COM>
wrote:
> Hi Barbara,
>
> download the CSV list of PubMed Central titles [
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/journals/#csvfile ];
>
> load into a spreadsheet and you can see which PubMed Central journals
> participate in PubMed Central with the following conditions:
>
> Portfolio: the journal commits to depositing all NIH-funded articles
> (as defined by the NIH Public Access Policy), starting with a
> particular volume/issue or publication date. The journal may choose to
> also deposit other, non-NIH-funded articles under this agreement.
>
> vs. full participation or selective deposit as mentioned on the
> webpage you provided
>
> I worked with PubMed Central article metadata a few years back but
> didn't remember the portfolio status...I was also putting the deposit
> status info into NLM records for my project..
>
> as to your question, which PubMed Central articles are NIH funded
> related, it would not be easy to say...the Dublin Core records do not
> include the journal title (only a code for the journal); maybe an
> outside chance there is a reference to NIH funding in the description
> element..
>
> regards,
> dana

    Do NOT include a subject line. Type as an email message these two words: SIGNOFF SERIALST
* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>