Re: Nation magazine in Print Leslie Burke 26 Sep 2012 18:53 UTC

In my experience, publishers (especially weeklies) tend to think of their subscription terms in number of issues. Librarians tend to think of calendar years. Thus if they have combined issues, or special issues extra, your subscription may appear shortened to you, but the publisher's view is that they sent the number of issues you paid for. It gets dicey when they do combined issues. Check the publication schedule to see if there are months they don't publish or combine issues and see if that doesn't account for the difference.

Leslie D. Burke
Collection Development & Digital Integration Librarian
Upjohn Library Commons
Kalamazoo College
1200 Academy St
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
Leslie.Burke@kzoo.edu
ph: 269.337.7144

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Renner, Kathy
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:10 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Nation magazine in Print

If you subscribe to Nation magazine for 47 issues for 12 months in print, you might want to make sure you actually are receiving one full year.  As far as I can tell, there is no other way to purchase it but originally I was told that it meant my subscription was from June 21, 2012 - May 6, 2013. This was what Nation meant by 12 months; 47 issues.  They have since changed my expiration date to June 10, 2013 but only after several emails.  You can access you account online at Nation and look at the first date of your order and the expiration date.

Kathy Renner | Serials and Electronic Resources Coordinator Reeves Library | Westminster College  | 501 Westminster Avenue | Fulton, MO 65251
(573) 592-5248 | Kathy.Renner@westminster-mo.edu

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>