Re: Nation magazine in Print Renner, Kathy 02 Oct 2012 16:52 UTC

They will respond if you aggravate them enough.  Their advertising is misleading.  I considered sending it to the Attorney General.  If you consider that they are making 2 or 3 dollars on 10, 000 subscriptions that is a pretty good return on your investment.  If their subscriptions are more than that.  The number becomes substantially larger.

Kathy Renner | Serials and Electronic Resources Coordinator
Reeves Library | Westminster College  | 501 Westminster Avenue | Fulton, MO 65251
(573) 592-5248 | Kathy.Renner@westminster-mo.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Lynne Weaver
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:44 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Nation magazine in Print

Yup.  That's what they did with our subscription: 47 weeks.  We (EBSCO and I) had thought our renewal was a year beginning 12/1/11, but Nation counted it as 11/28/11 through 10/15 12.  EBSCO has expedited our renewal, and will follow up to 1) verify the new expire and 2) be sure our next renewal gets out in time.

How aggravating!!!

Lynne Weaver
Serials Coordinator
Lipscomb Library
434 947-8396 Phone      434 947-8134 Fax
lweaver@randolphcollege.edu
RANDOLPH COLLEGE
Founded as Randolph-Macon Woman's College in 1891
2500 Rivermont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24503
www.randolphcollege.edu

If you subscribe to Nation magazine for 47 issues for 12 months in print, you might want to make sure you actually are receiving one full year.  As far as I can tell, there is no other way to purchase it but originally I was told that it meant my subscription was from June 21, 2012 - May 6, 2013. This was what Nation meant by 12 months; 47 issues.  They have since changed my expiration date to June 10, 2013 but only after several emails.  You can access you account online at Nation and look at the first date of your order and the expiration date.

Kathy Renner | Serials and Electronic Resources Coordinator Reeves Library | Westminster College  | 501 Westminster Avenue | Fulton, MO 65251
(573) 592-5248 | Kathy.Renner@westminster-mo.edu

    Do NOT include a subject line. Type as an email message these two words: SIGNOFF SERIALST
* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>