Re: Serial record: our catalog versus the OCLC record Steven C Shadle 25 Oct 2012 23:41 UTC

Hi Jack -- In our local catalog, we have a series of successive entry records (and can't speak to what #1782411 looked like previously as we never used it and don't have our holdings attached):

#3262368  1962 to current: Accounting trends & techniques
#7267100  1950 to 1961: Accounting trends and techniques in published corporate annual reports
#8354480  1949: Accounting techniques used in published corporate annual reports
#8354419  1948: Accounting trends in corporate reports
#7267103  1947: Accounting survey of 525 corporate reports

Are you sure you're predecessor didn't export/update the latest entry record decades ago and made it successive entry locally?  Since the successive records weren't authenticated until 1991, I can very easily see hundreds of libraries having their holdings on the LC latest entry records through the decades and never bothering to catch the change.  --Steve

Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian         shadle@u.washington.edu
NASIG Past-President
University of Washington Libraries              Phone: (206) 685-3983
Seattle, WA 98195-2900                            Fax: (206) 543-0854

* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>