Commercial Digest (1 message) Bob Persing 21 Dec 2012 18:24 UTC

Commercial Digest, a once a week digest of messages containing
informational content from commercial bodies (i.e., publishers, vendors,
agents, etc.)

This week's digest contains 1 message:
1) Cambridge University Press and College Theology Society announce new
partnership

---------------
Message #1:

Subject: Cambridge University Press and College Theology Society
announce new partnership
From: Susan Soule <ssoule@cambridge.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:12:39 -0500

Date: December 17, 2012
Location: New York, NY, USA

For immediate release

**With apologies for cross-posting**

Cambridge University Press will begin publishing Horizons: The Journal of
the College Theology Society in 2013. The official publication of the
College Theology Society (CTS), Horizons provides award-winning
peer-reviewed articles, roundtables, and book reviews across a wide range
of topics in theology and religious studies. CTS now partners with
Cambridge to foster the best in scholarship and to bring this excellent
journal to the widest possible readership.

The journal is rooted in a commitment to the long and deep Catholic
tradition of “faith seeking understanding,” and welcomes all original
scholarship in theology and religious studies that contributes to its basic
constructive focus. It is unique in content with its ecumenical view, wide
range of methods and topics, and insightful analysis of faith interacting
with culture. Horizons publishes work by college and university professors
with both active research profiles and teaching experience, such that its
articles will appeal to those working in these contexts as well as
seminarians, students, and the interested lay reader.

The journal will now be available in a fully searchable electronic format
in addition to print. 2013 library subscriptions will include online
access back to Volume 31 (2004). Volumes 1 through 30 will be available
through the Cambridge Journals Digital Archive.

“We are delighted to partner with Cambridge University Press to publish
Horizons. Our mission is to provide scholarship that is of the highest
quality and that reaches the widest possible audience, and we know that
Cambridge shares that dedication. We look forward to a long and fruitful
relationship,” said Professor Anthony Godzieba, the journal’s editor.

“We are privileged to have been entrusted with the future of Horizons: The
Journal of the College Theology Society and we look forward to working with
the dedicated editorial team to bring the journal to a broad global
audience,” said Simon Ross, Managing Director, Cambridge Journals. “We can
offer Horizons a bright future as part of one of the world’s leading
academic journals lists, extending the best in platform technology to all
CTS members and subscribers.”

Horizons will be hosted on Cambridge’s cutting-edge electronic platform,
Cambridge Journals Online, which will provide increased usability,
functionality, and many new features to enhance and optimize article usage.

ENDS

For more information, please visit the Journal’s website:
journals.cambridge.org/Horizons

Publicity Contact: Martine Walsh, Commissioning Editor, HSS Journals –
mwalsh@cambridge.org

If you currently receive Cambridge Journals through a consortium or
site-license agreement, please contact your usual sales representative or
consortia administrator. Customers in the Americas contact
usjournals@cambridge.org, customers in the Rest of the World contact
journals@cambridge.org

About the College Theology Society (CTS)

The College Theology Society is a professional association of college and
university professors. Founded in 1953 as a Roman Catholic organization of
lay and religious teachers of undergraduate theology, the CTS today has a
membership of over 900 college and university professors throughout the
United States, Canada, and Europe. While maintaining its roots in the Roman
Catholic tradition, the Society is increasingly ecumenical in its
membership and concerns.

For more information, go to http://www.collegetheology.org/

About Cambridge Journals

Cambridge University Press publishes over 300 renowned, peer-reviewed
journals, including journals published on behalf of over 100 learned
societies, which form the latest in research and discovery across a range
of topics. Many of these journals are the leading academic publications in
their fields and together they form one of the most valuable and
comprehensive collections of research available today.

Across the world, Cambridge Journals are available in print and online –
keeping scientists, researchers, and scholars abreast of crucial
developments in research.

For further information, go to http://journals.cambridge.org

About Cambridge University Press

Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of
Cambridge. Dedicated to excellence, its purpose is to further the
University’s objective of advancing knowledge, education, learning, and
research. Its extensive peer-reviewed publishing lists comprise over 40,000
titles covering academic research, professional development, over 300
research journals, school-level education, English language teaching and
bible publishing.

For further information, go to www.cambridge.org

Susan Soule
Journals Marketing Manager
Cambridge University Press, Americas
-----
ssoule@cambridge.org
Tel: 212-337-5019
Cell: 646-468-4942
Fax: 212-337-5959

    Do NOT include a subject line. Type as an email message these two words: SIGNOFF SERIALST
* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>