Commercial Digest (2 messages) Bob Persing 18 Oct 2013 20:36 UTC

Commercial Digest, a once a week digest of messages containing
informational content from commercial bodies (i.e., publishers, vendors,
agents, etc.)

This week's digest contains

1) Free Webinar: What is The Role of the Librarian in an Open Access World?
2) Join the T&F Twitter Party to celebrate Open Access Week!

---------------
Message #1:

Subject: Free Webinar: What is The Role of the Librarian in an Open
Access World?
From: "Gamboa, Camille" <camille.gamboa@sagepub.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:49:13 +0000

[Moderator's note: webinar is Wed. Oct. 23]

*Apologies for any cross postings*

Join us for a free webinar that will discuss how in an open access
environment, librarians will continue to serve as intermediaries,
facilitators, and advocates between authors and publishers.

Our 60-minute webinar will include a brief introduction to open access
journals publishing followed by an in-depth discussion about OA from
three different perspectives:

1. The Librarian Perspective: Charles Eckman, University Librarian and
Dean of Library Services at Simon Fraser University

2. The Publisher Perspective: Dave Ross, Executive Publisher of OA at SAGE

3. The Researcher Perspective: Michael S. Mott, The University of
Mississippi, Advanced Education Center

To register for the webinar, click here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SFPJ5KN

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact
camille.gamboa@sagepub.com.

Are you a fan of SAGE? Show us at www.facebook.com/SAGEPublications.

---------------
Message #2:

Subject: Join the T&F Twitter Party to celebrate Open Access Week!
From: "Mhearban, Thaira" <Thaira.Mhearban@tandf.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:19:54 +0000

“Patrons don't care whether the content is "free" or "paid" as long as
it is free to them. They just want resources that are applicable to
their research needs.” Reference and Research Librarian, Discovery of
Free Online Content survey

Following on from our survey: Discovery of Free Online Content, we’d
like to invite you to share your views on the some of the fascinating
insights we received from your comments. We had over 400 responses to
our survey so thank you to everyone that participated! We thought what
better way to celebrate free online content, than to throw a Twitter
party during Open Access Week.

Date: Thursday, October 24, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM, EDT
The hash tag for this event is: #tfdiscovery hosted on the Library
Lantern Twitter account www.twitter.com/LibraryLantern.

Why should you attend the Taylor & Francis Twitter Party?
- Discuss and exchange ideas with fellow librarians on promoting content
at your institution.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in the library community in
regards to free content and how this can be applied to your institution.
- Be part of a conversation that will shape the way the library
community facilitate, promote and distribute free content.

Is this your first Twitter party? No need to fear! Follow this link to
view our Twitter discussion guide which covers the basics for joining in
and further information on what we hope to cover including key findings
from our survey:
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pdf/twitter-party-questions.pdf.

Every tweeter in attendance will receive a small gift- all you need to
do is register beforehand. Click here to register:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P8QBMF5

We look forward to welcoming you to our Twitter party!

Best regards,
Elyse Profera and Aalia Oosman
Library Marketing Team
Taylor & Francis Group

Follow us on Twitter: @LibraryLantern

    Do NOT include a subject line. Type as an email message these two words: SIGNOFF SERIALST
* Have questions or need help? Contact: SERIALST-REQUEST@LIST.UVM.EDU
* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>