ER&L 2014 Workshops Jill Emery (12 Feb 2014 22:43 UTC)
Register for online conference Re: [SERIALST] ER&L 2014 Workshops Sherrill Weaver (13 Feb 2014 14:19 UTC)

Register for online conference Re: [SERIALST] ER&L 2014 Workshops Sherrill Weaver 13 Feb 2014 14:19 UTC

http://library.llcc.edu/

On Wed, February 12, 2014 4:43 pm, Jill Emery wrote:

> E-Resources and Libraries 9th Annual Conference is taking place next month
> in Austin, TX and online March 16 – 19, 2014.  You don’t need to
> attend ER&L to take a ½ day course in Austin.  Learn a new skill and a
> fresh perspective on your work with aworkshop.
>

> Learn how to assess the accessibility and usability of e-resource
> interfaces at Influencing and Improving Products: Structured Interface
> Reviews.
>

> Learn the basics of programming (skills we need in order to improve the
> way work gets done in our libraries) at Outsourcing Library Work to Your
> Computer with Python basics and Rails Workshop using the RailsBridge
> Curriculum, co-hosted with the LTG Summit.
>

> Learn how to be more comfortable at a negotiation table or in
> communicating your ideas at work with improv training (run by an improv
> troupe) at Improv in the workplace? Improve in the Workplace.
>

> Learn best practices in project management at Introduction to Project
> Management for Libraries.
>

> Learn how to manage, preserve and make accessible our library’s data at
> Electronic Resources & Data Management: A Love Story.
>

> Learn how to empower yourself and your organization by understanding what
> it takes to cultivate resilience at Forever Changes: cultivating
> resilience in times of change, challenge, uncertainty - and opportunity.
>

> Learn the best crowd-sourced workflows for managing e-resources at
> Developing workflow from TERMS: Techniques for Electronic Resource
> Management
>

> View the complete 1/2 day workshops course list and
> descriptions:http://www.electroniclibrarian.com/conference-info/workshops
>

> ER&L 2014 KEY DATES
>
> Feb 20 | Regular Registration Closes
>
> Mar 7-11 | SXSW Interactive
>
> Mar 16-19 | ER&L 2014  in Austin, Texas or Online
>
> March 18 | ER&L UX Day (Learn
> more:http://www.electroniclibrarian.com/erlplus/uxday)
>
> March 19 | ER&L Workshops
>
> Mar 20-21 | LTG Summit (Learn more: http://www.ltgsummit.org/)
>     Do NOT include a subject line. Type as an email message these two
> words: SIGNOFF SERIALST
> * For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage
> Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>

Sherrill Weaver, MA, Sp.LIS, Ed.D
Professor, Library & Online Learning
Oakton Community College
1600 East Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
vm:  847-635-1645
fax: 847-635-1887
email: weaver@oakton.edu

Project Information Literacy ~ Fall 2013: The Freshman Study
"Included are recommendations for how campus-wide stakeholders —
librarians, faculty, and administrators — can work together when
instructing freshmen to be better researchers (1)."
http://projectinfolit.org/pdfs/PIL_2013_FreshmenStudy_FullReport.pdf
http://youtu.be/BWNGZUa952A

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)